Thursday, October 5, 2017

What Keeps Me Busy

Pictures of Praying Mantis have been popular in late Summer/Early Fall this year. Here's mine:


Looking back I see that it's been about three months since I posted. Sure doesn't seem that long. Here's a few things that have kept me busy:




Lots of tomatoes and tomato/veggie juice canned this year. Also green beans (I thought they would never end. Finally I just QUIT.) Lots of sweet corn frozen. Will still be canning some butternut squash. Tons of carrots that I'm not sure what I'll do with,,,,hubby got a little over-zealous with his planting. On the whole, the garden did very well. Not much for fruit this year...to be expected when the trees are all blooming and you get 9" of snow on the first of May.  Also working on photo books for the kids for Christmas. Now, there's a project I should have started on Dec. 26th last year! Spending hours on finding, sorting, scanning, editing....and haven't even started putting them into order in the photo book program.

Right now all I want is some beautiful, warm, sunny Fall days. Seems like all we can get is clouds and rain.


2 comments:

  1. Those tomatoes, what a great crop. Last year we had so many runner beans, we also were very tired of freezing them. Still a whole lot in the freezer. Praying mantis, they are so pretty, here we have had an occasional stick insect, green, or pale fawn, depending what leaf they are on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy summer! That's a lot of tomatoes, and the quilts are pretty. I really like the layout for the first quilt. One of my UFOs uses that layout.

    ReplyDelete